eXplore Show 2023 – Exhibitor Prospectus
Waikato | Rotorua | Taupō | Ruapehu | The Coromandel | Bay of Plenty | Tairāwhiti-Gisborne | Hawke’s Bay
|Operator Networking Function:||Wednesday 26th April 5 – 7pm – Kingslander Hotel, Kingsland Auckland|
|Show Time:||Thursday 27th April 9am-3pm (Exhibitors-8am brief)|
Eden Park – North Stand Level 5 Lounge, Auckland
eXplore Show 2023 – The Event
You have been invited by your RTO to this one-day tourism trade show to be held at Eden Park in Auckland in April 2023, the 11th annual event for the eXplore Central North Island (ECNI) group. Over recent years a couple of online events were held, but we are delighted to be returning to Eden Park to korero in person! We are planning for around 200 buyers, media and trade partners to attend with 100+ operators and 8 RTOs from throughout the Central North Island. eXplore Show 2023 has changed a little from previous events, so if this is your first time, or even if you’ve been before or – please read BEFORE you register!
The event is targeted at the main travel partners, ranging from the Product Buyer/Decision Makers at Inbound and Wholesale Companies through to frontline staff from i-SITEs, retail travel agencies and inbound/wholesale companies, as well as Tourism NZ staff from the trade and media teams. We have previously had buyers fly into the event from around the country and Australia.
There is no better opportunity to engage with so many quality buyers and influencers in one place, in one day.
A targeted and receptive audience!
|Want to know more – here’s a video from our 2018 event? Watch Here!|
1) You must be Trade Ready – that is, you must be prepared to discuss commissions and rates, and book with inbound and wholesale travel companies. If you need some more information on what it means to be Trade Ready or help with understanding this fully, please contact your local Regional Tourism Organisation who will be happy to help. See the RTO Contact List at the end of this document.
Tip: Check out www.tourismexportcouncil.org.nz – Planning for Export Success
2) You will need to allow one and a half to two days in your schedule for this event for the Operator Networking Function early evening April 26th, and then the event/show day 27th April.
Details of the Event – Thursday April 27th
For exhibitors the event will begin at 8:00am with an Exhibitors Briefing, and doors open officially for buyers at 9:00am. As buyers arrive (some like to come early) they will be met by an ECNI representative to check in. Each buyer will be offered a bag should they wish to collect brochures and trade sheets along the way. They will also be given an event programme which contains the exhibitor list, a layout of the venue, and a small profile on your business. The venue layout is designed to ensure buyers will pass and potentially engage with all exhibitors but there is no structured appointments. The event finishes at 3pm.
After the event you will be given a full database of attendees to enable you to follow up with them directly.
Getting the Buyers There
The eXplore Central North Island group will be marketing this event to buyers through a wide range of publications, direct invitations and mail-outs.
The marketing for this show will include:
|We expect to be full for 2023 with a cap at 113 exhibitor stands and we will operate a waiting list. |
Registration is on a first-in basis so don’t miss out!
We know there has been a huge turnover of staff in the Wholesale and Inbound sector in recent times. We cannot be certain of numbers for eXplore Show 2023, however in talking with Inbounds we have been told they are thirsty for knowledge, and keen for staff at all levels to attend our eXplore Show.
eXplore Show 2023 will look a little different and we have visually formatted the event. The stand template looks like this:
What Is Provided With Your Registration?
- Your site space.
- Design, printing and distribution of invitations, event promotion and programmes.
- Your instand designed to template and provided at the venue – you can take home after the event.
- A bar leaner and two chairs and plants.
- 1 x shared power connection.
- Registration for one delegate – an additional delegate is at $90 – no more than 2 on the stand please.
- Name tags for your delegates (we will be in touch closer to the time to finalise details).
- Marketing of the event to relevant trade partners (Buyers).
- Marketing of you at the event via floor plan and a Seller Directory supplied to the buyers (both digital and hard copy).
- A list of registered suppliers and buyers emailed prior to the event and full database following.
- Hospitality (operator function, morning tea, barista coffee, lunch) for you and the attendees.
- Attendance at the Operator Function (Beverage token and light food).
- 30 Second video or slide show of your business on 2 giant HD Video walls at the venue – you are to provide your desired content when requested. This will be played on rotation every 30-40 minutes – around 10 exposures across the day. Note: There is no audio – pictures only.
What To Bring For Your Stand
- Handout marketing material for your product(s) – brochures, information sheets if you wish. (Think green!)
- A small map is useful as a reference for your location.
- Business cards or an e-card.
- A small extension cord if needed – any additional plugged in items other than laptop, and cell phone chargers must be tested and tagged at your cost prior to the event.
- Note: You do not need to bring any other display material, posters or instands.
Serving of Food and Beverages is not always possible due to Health and Safety requirements at the venue and is not recommended. If you do wish to serve food (other than sweets or chocolate) and/or beverages including alcohol on your stand please contact Vanessa prior to the event. We need to make a request well in advance to see if it can be accommodated within the venue contract
Event Cost and Cancellation
The cost of exhibiting at eXplore Show 2023 is $895+gst.
Unless you are told otherwise – you will be invoiced BY YOUR RTO in late February for 20th March Payment. Your RTO will also invoice you for any regional costs which they will confirm with you as a registered exhibitor. Additional Delegates will be invoiced following the event.
Cancellation by email to your RTO or ECNI (Vanessa) prior to 20th March will not incur any fee.
Cancellation March 20th – April 10th 2023 will incur a 50% cancellation fee of $447.50+gst.
Cancellation 11th – 27th April 2023 will incur the full cost of exhibiting.
Should eXplore Central North Island Cancel the event for unforeseen circumstances after invoicing, you will be notified by email and a refund given in full.
What’s Not Included in the Exhibitor Fee?
- Your transportation to Auckland.
- Your accommodation in Auckland for the night before (and possibly after) the show.
- Any meals outside of the show itself.
- Your booth collateral, or video preparation/editing.
- Any regional theming costs as outlined by your RTO.
- A second delegate.
How Do You Register?
Easy – prepare your short blurb for the programme to cut and paste into your registration (Max 120 characters), and prepare to upload an image for your instand then please complete the online form by clicking on the Registration link.
Exhibitor Registrations close 28 February 2023!
By registering for the eXplore Show 2023, you acknowledge:
- I have read the Exhibitor Prospectus and understand the inclusions and cancellation policies
- I understand my attendance is with approval of my local RTO only.
- I am willing and able to work with Tourism Trade
- My RTO will invoice me $895+gst exhibitor fee (plus any additional RTO costs as indicated by them) for payment due 20th March 2023.
- As a seller, my contact details will be shared with the buyers and sellers attending the event
- I have the appropriate registrations required under Worksafe NZ to operate my Tourism business.
Contact Vanessa Payne – eXplore Show Coordinator
T: 021 1653 547 E:email@example.com
Or contact your local Regional Tourism Organisation Trade Manager (RTO) :
|Destination Coromandel – Lynette Dey |
|Hamilton & Waikato Tourism – Rebecca Evans |
|Tourism Bay of Plenty – Denise Siviter |
|RotoruaNZ – Lou Baddiley |
|Tairāwhiti-Gisborne – Kim McVicker |
|Destination Great Lake Taupō – Amanda West |
|Hawke’s Bay Tourism – Heather Matthews|
|Visit Ruapehu – Mahalee Guieysse|